JokerzFayme

What is this Identity shit

20 posts in this topic

Identity was rumored to me about three years ago on a life server, and then I never heard anything about it ever again. Someone clear this up for me, is it a thing or not a thing. 

Generally I would do my own research but according to certain forums and other searches--- it is a 50/50 to if this game is actually going to come out or not. Taking for granted on the website of the game- the release date was early 2017 and technically under FAQ has not been updated-- yet there is an upcoming combat trailer? I am genuinely confused with this shit. I blame asylum. 

They're apparently 1+ year behind development and still have years of development to go.  Will it ever come out?  Hopefully.  Do I expect to see it within the next year?  Nope.

Posted (edited)

they released a trailer and its graphics look like ass, hit registration looks like ass, vehicles look like they handle like ass..... you see the trend

Edited by Gunner
  • Like 1

Ok so Heres the deal.

Devs from asylum said we want to make a game so they did. It's called identity. They've raised over a million dollars to fund it. A lot of people want it but it won't be happening for years. It was supposed to come out a year or two ago and still is not even close to being ready.

TBH, I don't believe they've spent the $1 Million and honestly think something sketch is going on.

tl;dr. don't buy it 

I called this being bullshit when they first launched it (although I bought into it anyway). When I saw them release what they did, I knew that I Was right though. It's still in the works, but I wouldn't expect much out of it.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MrMackeyMK said:

It's the Star Citizen of RP Life servers :P

@Hacksaw Jack

Image result for shots fired meme

It'll come out, and they'll spend 1 mil on it (not a ton for video games), and it will be absolute shit. They're not a video game developing company. It was a bunch of Altis Developers who decided to go in on a project together and people bought into it.  I doubt they've used all the money, and I doubt that they did anything sketchy with it, but they're probably budgeting it.  You can't make a game by just throwing money at it.  They need to pay themselves, and other developers, and go from there.  1 mil would probably fund a half decent game with good, full time developers for about 8 months of development. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, junior said:

^ thats the trailer i was talking about, look how the car slides (drives like ass) the textures have more obvious pixels than minecraft (looks like ass) and hit registration in that gun is ass

@Gunner it definitely needs to be worked on, and it's not arma. It won't be focused on perfect gunplay or perfect driving. It's trying to be focused on roleplaying and living a life you choose. To top it all off it's based on the unreal engine and the only part graphically that looked bad was the terrain, which is easy enough to upgrade

On 4/13/2018 at 3:11 PM, SpecialKillerJ said:

Ok so Heres the deal.

Devs from asylum said we want to make a game so they did. It's called identity. They've raised over a million dollars to fund it. A lot of people want it but it won't be happening for years. It was supposed to come out a year or two ago and still is not even close to being ready.

TBH, I don't believe they've spent the $1 Million and honestly think something sketch is going on.

tl;dr. don't buy it 

They didn't raise 1 million dollars. They raised a couple hundred thousand. They are a small indie dev team looking to make a big game. I don't think they knew how much work they were getting into when they started making this game. I think most players from Asylum are going to be disappointed because most people think it's going to be a AAA game when it's really made by a whole bunch of arma developers

34 minutes ago, AlboGravity said:

They didn't raise 1 million dollars. They raised a couple hundred thousand. They are a small indie dev team looking to make a big game. I don't think they knew how much work they were getting into when they started making this game. I think most players from Asylum are going to be disappointed because most people think it's going to be a AAA game when it's really made by a whole bunch of arma developers

This is well stated. I called that it was going to be bad, but not because of any other thing than that they were biting off more than they could chew. That would be like me trying to set out and make a game from scratch. Just because I can code many things, doesn't mean that I can go out and make an awesome game. There is just so much more to it than that. They weren't familiar with the process of working directly with the engine like that. Modding and building from scratch are very different worlds. 

• Like 1

On 4/14/2018 at 9:00 PM, AlboGravity said:

They did end up raising a little over 1 million. They also have an office in california, 7 developers total.

I feel like its like project life but just a bit not as shitty so its most likely it will fail because people have been waiting way to long they fund raised but they were not ready for the project

3 hours ago, Marcus said:

They did end up raising a little over 1 million. They also have an office in california, 7 developers total.

I was basing it off of this, which was their initial and big funding towards the game. I do think that they have probably made more in just overall game sales, but how could we know if they hit a million?

2 hours ago, AlboGravity said:

I was basing it off of this, which was their initial and big funding towards the game. I do think that they have probably made more in just overall game sales, but how could we know if they hit a million?

They have a page that shows the funds raised. 

• Like 1